Are You Libertarian?
- Libertarians believe in the goodness of people.
- Libertarians believe that all people are endowed by their creator with natural rights, including the rights of life, liberty, and property.
- Libertarians believe that peaceful people should be free to live their lives the way they choose, as long as they don't cause harm to others. This is called the harm principle.
- Libertarians value peace. We oppose the initiation of force or violence. We believe force is only acceptable for self-defense or the defense of others. We call this the non-aggression principle.
- Libertarians believe that entrepreneurship, free markets, private property rights, and low taxes lie at the heart of economic growth.
- Most libertarians are not anarchists. We believe in limited government, not the absence of government.
How libertarian are you?